I’ve been a bit under the weather the past few days, so I haven’t done too much cooking or baking. Or much of anything, for that matter- except for maybe envying our dog, Athena’s, life as an indoor dog. It’s annoying how a simple head cold can really throw off a person’s routine. Okay, complaining over.
This recipe for buffalo chicken dip is something I have made a few times and it is quickly becoming one of our favorite potluck pleasers. With big chunks of chicken and all the delicious flavors of wing sauce, this dip goes great with celery, chips, or nothing at all.
If you or someone you love is a wings fanatic, this appetizer is for you!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yield: 1 9×13 inch pan
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 12-oz bottle Frank’s Hot Wing Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing (store bought or homemade)
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375. Poach the chicken breasts in boiling water until cooked through. Drain, let cool and then pull meat apart with a fork.
2. In a 9×13 inch casserole dish, spread out the chicken and pour the wing sauce over. Mix well and spread out, covering the entire bottom of the dish.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Whisk while heating until smooth.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken and spread out. Bake for fifteen minutes.
5. After fifteen minutes, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and continue baking for another ten to fifteen minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Remove from oven and let sit for ten minutes. Stir and serve immediately.
Source: Eat, Live, Run